How to tell Aunt Helen...
A Conversation with a Sedevacantist Priest
Tired of reading long and complicated articles on traditionalist issues? Then watch this calm, insightful conversation in which Fr. Anthony Cekada explains very simply why only the sedevacantist position is the truly Catholic position to take with regard to the Vatican II Church and the apostasy it has engendered, and how we can know this for certain. As a former member of the Novus Ordo Church and also the Society of St. Pius X, he narrates his own conversion from a "conservative" Novus Ordo position to sedevacantism. In this interview, he addresses many common questions and objections, including:
- All will be fine if we're only loyal to the "Holy Father"
- If Vatican II is interpreted in light of Tradition, there is no problem
- It's safer to just "recognize and resist" the Vatican II Popes
- We can't judge the Pope, but we can resist errors and heresy
- St. Paul resisted St. Peter, he didn't declare him a non-Pope
- A bad father is still your father, so a bad Pope is still Pope
- We will have to wait for a future Pope to decide the sede vacante issue
- So then why don't you just have a conclave and elect a new Pope?
- If you can't have a conclave, how will you ever have a true Pope again?
- What about Fatima? Our Lady said the Holy Father would consecrate Russia!
Be sure to watch this video, because even if you still won't agree, at least you will understand sedevacantism and why more and more people are beginning to embrace it.
Important Related Articles & Audios:
- Sedevacantism: A Quick Primer
- Resisting the Pope, Sedevacantism, and the Novus Ordo "Frankenchurch" Heresy
- Traditionalists, Infallibility, and the Pope [PDF]
- Opinionism - Is the Pope Question just a Matter of "Opinion"?
- Rejoinder from the "Rad Trads" - Sedevacantist Response to Catholic Answers
- A Refutation of Various Common Objections to Sedevacantism
- St. Robert Bellarmine on "Resisting" the Pope - What Was He Really Saying?
- Are Sedevacantists "Pope-Sifting"?
- Sedevacantism: How to Tell Aunt Helen
- Resistance and Indefectibility: Where is the Church?
- The Apostasy of John Paul II: A Catholic Response
- The Impossible Crisis
- Concerning an SSPX Dossier on Sedevacantism
- Sede Vacante 1958-2008: Reflections on a 50-Year Vacancy of the Apostolic See
- The "Canonization" of John Paul II: Decision Time for Non-Sedevacantist Traditionalists
- "Recognize and Resist"? Why It's Not an Option
- Refinishing the Great Facade: The Vatican, the SSPX, and the "Restoration of Tradition"
- Stumbling at the Finish Line: The SSPX's Illogical Stance on the Pope Question
- The Chair Is Still Empty: A Response to John Salza on Sedevacantism
- Houston, We Have a Problem - Applying the Novus Ordo Church's Disciplinary Law
- Unholy Orders: "Pope" Paul VI's New Ordination Rite is Invalid
- 50 Years of Vatican II: A Review of the Modernist Errors of the Second Vatican Council (audio)
- Traditional Catholics and Devotion to the Pope: Can we "Recognize and Resist"? (audio)
- "The Errors of the Society of Saint Pius X" (audio)
- "The Ordinary Magisterium and Devotion to the Pope" (audio)
- Eclipse of the Church: What happened after the death of Pope Pius XII?
- Fr. Sylvester Berry in 1927: "Satan will set up a False Church"
- A 1994 Text appears 'mystically': Is THIS the Real Third Secret of Fatima?
- When Death comes for you, how you will you choose?